The yummiest cake topping, maple syrup substitute for pancakes or just to spread on a slice of bread.
1 container of heavy cream (half pint, 236 ml.)
1 chocolate bar (bitter sweet or any other dark chocolate you like)
1. Pour the heavy cream to a pot. Place on the stove and cook in low heat.
2. Break the chocolate bar to pieces and add to the cream.
3. Stir often to dissolve the chocolate chunks.
4. When most chinks of chocolate have been dissolved, turn off the heat and continue stirring until you get a smooth, creamy texture.
5. You may use it as soon as it's ready, or place in an air tight container inside the fridge for up to three weeks.
The brown topping on the cupcakes in the picture above is made with a whipped chocolate ganache.
To whip the ganache, wait until it's cold and then whip it like you do with heavy cream.
Ganache as a substitute to maple syrup on a pancake
(nice job with the pancakes, Dror!)