Chewy chocolate chip cookies
Your love for chewy chocolate chip cookies made me experiment with a few recipes and this one by Martha Stewart was the successful one. I made a few changes to match our taste and this is what I came up with.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 Tsp. cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)- in room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
2 Tsp. oats
1. Whisk the flour and baking soda and set a side.
2. In a mixer: combine the egg, sugar, vanilla, butter and mix well.
3. Add the flour, cocoa and oats and mix well until the batter is smooth.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix for 10 seconds to combine them in the batter.
5. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
6. On a greased pan, using two teaspoons, drop the balls of dough on the pan leaving space of 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10 minutes (not more!) in an 350 degrees oven. When time is up, take out of the oven and place on the counter to cool.
You might notice that the cookies are still very soft as they are out of the oven, but slowly they firm a little, and yet still stay chewy.