Nona's "melt-in-your-mouth" cookies
These are the cookies my Savta, Nona, used to make and I could finish a plate filled with them. In Arabic they are called "Reybe".
To get the best tasting cookie, use Israeli or European butter. American brand unsalted butter still taste a little saltier than the Israeli or European ones and it cause a none pleasant after taste.
1 cup self rising flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 stick of butter (100-113 gr.)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Take the butter out of the fridge 1/2 an hour before making the cookies.
2. in a mixer, put all ingredients and mix until you get a smooth dough.
3.Roll the dough to a snake shape. Cut 1/2 inch slices and lay on the flat side in a greased pan.
4. Bake in a 320 degrees oven for 15 minutes, or until the bottom of the cookies turn light brown.
5. Take out of the oven and let stand until the cookies are completely cool.
6. Place in a box and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
7. Cookies can be kept in an air tight box up to 2 weeks (though they never last that long..)